Learn some tips about pacing to make your energy last throughout the day!
- Stand close to the object with feet spread apart.
- Bend at the knees and hips and NOT at your back.
- Hold the object close to your body, use your legs to lift.
- Point your feet at the surface that you want to set the object onto.
- Get as close to the surface as you can before putting down your object.
- Plan ahead - know your limits and ask for help when needed.
Exercising with others is fun and good for you! Study finds that group exercise for People with Parkinson's improves balance, mobility and quality of life. Exercises included stretching, resistance exercises, aerobic training, and balance activities. Article: HERE
Christina is the President of the Oregon PT Association and involved with Destination Rehab! Read more about her here…
What’s Laura’s favorite DR event?? Read on to find out more!
From Washington…to Arizona..to Oregon! Read more about David!
Kim Luis is a member of Destination Rehab’s 2018 Advisory Council. She works at Home Instead coordinating senior living and in-home care. Read on to learn more about Kim!